Fun for kids to make and eat (adults too!)
2 June 18, 2009
Ants on a log is a combination of celery, cream cheese (or peanut butter), and raisins. All you do is spread on the cream cheese, add the raisins, and voila!
Let your imagination run wild with this snack. Maybe you don't like ants - so these can be "frogs on a log" and you can be the alligator. Sneak up to the unsuspecting frogs and CHOMP!
This kid friendly snack can be made with cream cheese or peanut butter. If you are watching your weight, try a whipped cream cheese for fewer calories.
Dress these up with almond butter or dried cranberries. Skip the celery completely and use an apple. Whatever you do, you will end up with a great tasting combination of fruits, vegetables, protein, and fun.
- Ants on a Slip 'n Slide - celery with peanut butter, a layer of honey, then the raisins
- Ants on Vacation - no raisins (for when you run out)
- Turtles on a Log - use chocolate chips instead of raisins
Want more like this?
Low calorie crunch to stop your chip craving
Homemade Banana Bread
77 calories packed with nutrition
A Real-Life Guide to Losing Weight and Getting Healthy with 100 Recipes Under 400 Calories
Read the First Chapter
100 Recipes Under 400 Calories
I will show you how small, easy tweaks can change your lifestyle to be healthier and happier.
- Want to avoid the office donuts? Chapter 3: Everyday Temptations
- Need to unstick your butt from the couch? Chapter 5: Exercise
- After a stressful day are your best friends Ben & Jerry? Chapter 4: Emotional Eating
- Know you need to eat more vegetables? Chapter 2: Healthy Cooking
With 100 recipes for fun, quick, and affordable meals and snacks—all under 400 calories and Weight Watchers friendly. The recipes have been tested by home chefs and are delicious, easy, and simple, most have never been published on Snack-Girl.com.
Find out more...