What should you get your friend or family member who is on the healthy path?
A box of chocolates.
Actually, just send me a box of chocolates and get your buddies something that will support their efforts to cook, bake, chop, and flourish.
I tried to keep these in the “reasonable” price range because we all know how we can spend too much and end up in a hole after the holidays - but the prices are all over the place. I can attest to these being good value for your money. Hey, these things are useful.
1. It isn’t a sexy gift, but a cutting board that works is essential. You can put this one in the dishwasher.
Prepworks from Progressive International PCB-1812 17.25" X 11.25" Cutting Board
2. Slice, chop, mince, dice, and go crazy with this knife. Yes, $40 is a lot of a knife, but if you are cooking healthy, you use it all the time.
Victorinox Swiss Army 8-Inch Fibrox Straight Edge Chef's Knife
3. I used my food processor at least 3 times per week. It saves me so much time and the pieces fit in the dishwasher. My Cuisinart is still working after 10 years.
Cuisinart DLC-10S Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor, White
4. If you like to bake but don’t like to clean up – take a look at these silicon baking mats. You don’t have to spray them or oil them and they are easy to clean.
Artisan (2 pk.) Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat Set, 16 5/8 x 11
5. For the donut lover, that needs to stop visiting Krispy Kreme. This pan makes convincing donuts.
Wilton Nonstick 6-Cavity Donut Pan
6. Drink too much soda? You have got to get one of these Sodastream soda makers. You will save money and the environment by bubbling water from the tap.
SodaStream Fountain Jet Home Soda Maker Starter Kit, Black and Silver
7. Know someone who is trying to pack his hot lunch to take with him? Give him this awesome set that will keep his food hot anywhere he goes.
Zojirushi SL-NCE09 Ms. Bento Stainless-Steel Vacuum Lunch Jar
8. Give these cute lunch box containers for the cold lunch days.
EasyLunchboxes 3-compartment Bento Lunch Box Containers "Classic" (Set of 4). BPA-free. Easy-open Lids (Not Leakproof). For Kids and Adults. Work or School Lunches
9. Everyone is trying to can their own fruit or jam. Give one of these Home Canning Discovery Kits to a newbie.
Ball® Home Canning Discovery Kit (by Jarden Home Brands)
10. If you are looking to splurge – buy one of these rice cookers. My white and brown rice is perfect every time and I don’t’ have to do anything to make it brilliant. It also cooks oatmeal.
Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer, Black and Stainless Steel
Snack Girl receives a small percentage of sales from Amazon.com.
What do you give your healthy eater for the holidays?